Logo Position





Buildings & Homes

logo facebook


Filter FAQs by Category

Search FAQs

Buildings & Homes

Yes.  The Zoning Ordinance can be found under both the "Business" tab and in the City Clerk folder in "Forms and Documents".  Both can be found on the home page.

Easthampton does not have any regulations in excess of CMR 780, State Building Code.

There are, however, dimensional issues such as setbacks that are governed by City’s Zoning Ordinance. Further information is available by contacting the Building Department Office.

No. Homeowners should contact a registered home inspector for such services.

They can find a list in the local yellow pages.

Most public libraries have a copy.

You can view and download chapters of the Massachusetts State Building Regulations and Standards - 780 CMR in Acrobat PDF format by clicking HERE. You may purchase a copy at the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Online Bookstore by clicking HERE.

Sheds under 200 square feet in size do not require a permit, but still must adhere to the City's Zoning Ordinance and setbacks. 

Any structure in excess of 200 square feet will require a building permit. Additionally, the Massachusetts State Building Code (CMR 780) requires that any structure over 200 square feet require footings and any structure over 400 square feet requires frost protection.


Main Phone Number 413-529-1400
Municipal Building 50 Payson Avenue, Easthampton, MA 01027