The Inspectional Services and Fire Department is reminding the public of the importance of periodic inspections of multi-family buildings in Easthampton in accordance with 780 CMR "Table 110." These inspections are needed to ensure compliance with safety and building codes for occupancy permit requirements. More information about inspections can be found on the city webpage under the Building Inspector.
These inspections apply to multi-family buildings having 3 units or more. Roughly 1,000 properties are subject to this inspection.
- A letter from the Inspection Department seeking contact information.
- The Inspection Department Clerk will contact you to schedule inspection after payment and required documents are received.
- Expected to begin scheduling inspections before Summer of 2023.
- Inspection performed by the building inspector and the Fire Prevention officer.
- Owner or agent must be present for inspection.
- Inspection of common areas.
- Conducted annually or every two or five years - will be established after inspection is complete.
- Written inspection report detailing any necessary corrections with compliance date.
- A Certificate of Inspection will be provided via the City's Permit Portal.