Beginning Wednesday, March 1st, the center is closed through March 8th for many, but not all, activities while the space is being reorganized.
STILL ON: scheduled foot care, tax assistance, veterans appointment, transportation, and grab and go meals. See details:
- Front desk is open by phone only, not in person. Call 413-527-6151 and press zero. If you can't get through, note that there will be a brief time when the COA's phone system is being reset. If you have difficulty calling, and have access to email, email firstname.lastname@example.org. NOTE: in normal times, do not email transportation requests for appointments only a few days away.
- Van rides will run as scheduled, plus we will make every effort to reschedule appointments missed recently due to snow. Do not hesitate to call.
- Outreach workers are available by phone or for home visits, but not in the center during this period.
- Foot care is on Wednesday, March 1st for those with previously scheduled appointments.
- AARP Tax Preparation is on Wednesdays March 1st and 8th for those previously scheduled only.
- Veterans Office is open March 1st, 2nd, 7th and 8th for those with appointments.
- Grab and go meals will run as scheduled at 11:30 to noon at Easthampton Savings Bank's lot.
- No medical loans will be offered on site. Call TRIAD Office, Deputy Sheriff Dave Fenton at 413-582-7787. If TRIAD can't help you, call the COA and we will see how we can help.
- Senior Tax Work Off volunteers and regular volunteers will report for their shifts.
Please note that for all staff, many calls will go directly to voicemail while we pack, clean, and move furniture. As mentioned, the phone system will be reset one day during this period. For assistance, first call 413-527-6151 and press zero for reception. If you cannot get through, email COA@easthamptonma.gov.
The COA looks forward to reopening Thursday, March 9th and thanks our participants, volunteers, and supporters for their assistance with this effort.