ORDER OF THE MAYOR DUE TO COVID-19 ECONOMIC IMPACTS FOR OUTDOOR DINING
Mayoral Order as it relates to allowing the conversion of public parking on Main Street for the use as restaurant dining space until November 30, 2022
Pursuant to this order, a restaurant choosing to incorporate COVID-19 safety measures may make an application to convert public parking for the use as restaurant dining space.
A detailed logistics plan shall be reviewed and approved by Police, DPW, Mayor's office, and Planning Department and include (at a minimum) the following:
- A map of the area to be used, with dimensions
- The materials to separate areas from cars (with an emphasis on concrete barriers)
- A timeline for how long it will be in place
- Who will be responsible for managing the space, including a plan for trash management
- An exterior lighting plan (if applicable), exterior heating plan (if applicable)
- Anticipated hours of operation
Any such request that is approved may be implemented immediately in compliance with all other orders, requirements, or provisions of local and state regulations and shall be in place no later than November 30, 2022. Applicants shall be solely responsible for all costs associated with any conversion and must be separated from vehicles by concrete barriers.
Ordered this 26th day of April 2022
City of Easthampton, Massachusetts