Contact: Cynthia Tarail, COA Director
EASTHAMPTON SENIOR TAX WORK-OFF PROGRAM SEEKS APPLICANTS
The city of Easthampton begins accepting applications for twenty (20) positions under Year 2 of the 3-year pilot Senior Tax Work-Off pilot program. Starting now, Easthampton homeowners who are 60 years of age or older, and who meet income eligibility guidelines, are encouraged to apply for positions in city departments. Successful applicants receive a $1500 credit on their property taxes.
Successful applicants are expected to work a maximum of 105.25 hours between May 1, 2022, and October 31, 2022, for a reduction in their FY’23 real estate property tax bill. Applications will be accepted and positions filled on a rolling basis until May 30, 2022. Position start dates vary. Some positions are seasonal.
- 60 years of age or older at the time of application
- Resident and homeowner in the city of Easthampton
- Property for which the tax credit is requested must be the primary residence of the owner
- Property tax payments are current
- Limited to one $1,500 work-off per household
- Meets income eligibility requirements –
- $57,190 maximum annual gross income (incl. Social Security) - individual
- $65,360 maximum annual gross income (incl. Social Security) - a couple
Interested senior residents can pick up applications and information packets at the Easthampton senior center or find them on our city’s website: www.easthamptonma.gov under Departments, Council on Aging. All applications will be reviewed first for completeness, and second for program eligibility. Positions will be filled on a rolling basis beginning in April, 2022.