The Easthampton Healthy Youth Coalition is calling on people in the community to make sure their medications, cannabis, and any other substances are safely and securely stored. Some Safe Storage methods include:
- Keeping medicines in a lockbox, locking pouch or locked cabinet
- Making sure medication is up and out of the reach of small children or any pets
- Counting pills to know how much you have at any given time
- Properly disposing of unwanted or expired medicines by taking them to a Drug Take Back event, a local pharmacy, or the Easthampton Public Safety Complex
Taking these steps could prevent accidental or intentional substance misuse.
- Selling your house? Make sure you remove all medications from the home before an open house or showing.
- Are you a landlord? Consider providing a lockbox for your tenants to use.
Take the Pledge to put your Safe Storage plan into action, and get entered into a raffle to win a medication LockBox from the Easthampton Healthy Youth Coalition! https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdRDXnAfeeT0ga41q9kIe2zaRfAMfi0ibyM2_Bdc5_v05BCWw/viewform