Easthampton Council on Aging
Please call 413-527-6151 AND PRESS ZERO for more information if you are interested in attending programming or using transportation, PRESS 136 or 137 for Outreach Services.
Activities are listed in the Silver Circle Newsletter. All registration is by phone.
The Easthampton Council on Aging & Enrichment Center (ECOA) is a municipal department of the City of Easthampton.
Committed to improving the lives of Easthampton seniors, ages 55 and over, the ECOA provides essential programs and activities that meet the needs of our aging population. It is our priority to offer outreach services, health and fitness classes, social activities, accessible transportation, and educational courses that will enhance the lives of our community elders.
The Easthampton Council on Aging has included "Enrichment Center" in its title to broaden awareness of our many levels of service and programs for area residents age 55+. Priority is given to Easthampton residents age 55+. There are some exceptions for events and programs held at the center that are open to all communities/ages. Membership to the Enrichment Center and Outreach services are free.
The ECOA works in conjunction with Easthampton city departments and various senior service agencies.
- Social, cultural, recreational, and support activities
- Special meals and events
- Outreach services
- Information about and referral to government and community services
- Benefits counseling and application assistance
- On-site appointments or home visits
- Transportation door-to-door for medical appointments and errands. Round-trip fees - local: $2-4, Northampton/Hatfield/Holyoke $5.00
- Food programs: Highland Valley Elder Services Grab-and-Go Meals, Brown Bag, and Senior Fruit Share
- Senior Tax Work Off Program runs May 1, 2022 and October 31, 2022 for a reduction in the FY2023 real estate property tax bill. Positions will be filled on a rolling basis beginning April 2022.
- Access point for free tax help, private-fee services (foot care), free health clinics
- Durable medical equipment lending
- Sand for Seniors and other partnerships with TRIAD
- Monthly newsletter
- Volunteer opportunities: Companion Driver, Receptionist, and Home Shopper
- Health/fitness programming and cardio room: Fitness Room Membership is $75 per person per year. Some classes and activities are free. If fees are charged, they are typically, though not always, $5.00 each.