Public Records Request
On June 3, 2016, the Massachusetts State Legislature enacted "An Act to Improve Public Records", Chapter 121 of the Acts of 2016. The City Clerk in Easthampton is the primary Records Access Officer (RAO), with department heads serving as records access officers for their departmental records. The primary RAO is charged with assisting public records requestors, as well as working with record custodians in maintaining records and explaining the request and response process.
Please note that the City of Easthampton maintains records relating to city government only.
Submitting a public records request:
To request records maintained by the city, you may send an email to email@example.com or send a written request to the City Clerk's Office, 50 Payson Ave., Easthampton, MA 01027.
To ensure that your request is able to be processed as efficiently as possible, please provide the following information:
- Your name, address, email address and telephone number.
- A reasonable description of the records sought, containing specific dates and supporting information that will allow the city to identify and locate the records.
In response to a request, the City will:
Provide an initial response within ten (10) business days indicating receipt of the request and will then approve or deny the request, detailing any reason(s) for denial.
The City has up to 25 business days from the date of the initial request to provide the requested records; the requestor can agree to more time.
Fees for processing records requests:
- .05 per page for photocopies
- Actual cost of media (flash drive, DVD, etc.)
- A maximum of $25/hour for employee time needed to search, compile, segregate , redact or reproduce the records.
- A good faith estimate of fees is required to be provided prior to the release of any records requested.
For more information:
Barbara L. LaBombard, City Clerk
413-529-1400, ext., 460