Planning Board meetings are held the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of every month. The Planning Department accepts new applications for projects pursuant to these Public Hearing Procedures (PDF).
If you have questions or would like to discuss a potential application, please contact Jeff Bagg.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
Current Applications, Agenda Items, and Recently Approved Decisions
The following applications are either currently under review by the Board in public meeting or are scheduled for an upcoming agenda:
93,95,97 Northampton Street Mixed Use Development (Sierra Vista Commons)
42-44 Pleasant Street Multifamily
- Jesse Belcher-Timme, Chairperson
- Christopher Cockshaw
- Harry Schumann
- James Zarvis
- Daniel J. Hartman
- Kenneth Iavecchia, Associate Member
The Planning Board reviews most development projects in the city including residential and commercial properties. This is done through subdivision regulation, site plan approval, and the issuance of special permits. Additionally, the Board proposes amendments to the Zoning Ordinance and is the keeper of the City's Master Plan.
Forms & Documents
Rules and Regulations
- 1990 Subdivision Regulations (PDF)
- 2017 Planning Board Rules and Regulations (PDF)
- Zoning Ordinance (PDF)
- Smart Growth Design Standards (2021) (PDF)
- Smart Growth Zoning Districts (2010) (PDF)
- Zoning Map (PDF)
- Planning Board Meeting schedule 2022
- Planning Board Meeting schedule 2023
- View Attorney General Memo RE: Site Visits