It is the responsibility of the Inspection Services Department to ensure that buildings in our municipality are safe and comply with Massachusetts regulations. This is accomplished through inspections performed on both residential and commercial properties, new and existing. Most of our inspections are created through the issuance of permits. A permit for either new construction or remodeling of a structure affords us the opportunity to inspect to assure all codes are being complied with, and the structure's integrity meets or exceeds all regulations.
Applying for Permits
As of 7/1/20, the City of Easthampton is now accepting Building, Electrical, Plumbing, and Gas Fitter Permits online. To begin the process, please visit the online portal at https://easthamptonma.viewpointcloud.com/.
Permit applications along with all supporting documents and fees can also be mailed to the City of Easthampton ATTN: Building Department, 50 Payson Avenue Easthampton, MA 01027 OR drop off all documents in the Easthampton City Hall drop box that is located outside of the main entrance. Applications can be hand-delivered during our office hours.
Applications and fee schedules can be found below.
Permits are now issued online through Viewpoint and emailed to the applicant. Please include the email address you would like the permit to go to on all applications. Applicants should expect at least one week for review. The more involved the job is, please expect a longer time needed to review.
If you would like your permit mailed to you, please send your application with a self-addressed and stamped letter-sized envelope. Hard copies of permits can also be picked up at 50 Payson Avenue during our office hours.
- Application for 1 or 2 Family Dwelling Renovations (PDF)
- Application for 1 or 2 Family Dwellings, Additions (PDF)
- Application for Commercial/Multi-Family Residential (PDF)
- Application for a Demolition Permit (PDF)
- Sheet Metal Permit Application (PDF)
- Application for a Sign Permit (PDF)
- Application for a Solid Fuel Appliance (PDF)
- Application for a Trench Permit (PDF)
- Application for Keeping Farm Animals (PDF)
- Application for Permit for Tent or Temporary Structure (PDF)
- Application to Perform Electrical Work (PDF)
- Application to Perform Gas Fitting Work (PDF)
- Application to Perform Plumbing Work (PDF)